Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
Your chosen feminist thinker: Michelle Alexander
Your chosen critical feminist discourse: Politics of Identity
Your APPROVED central question: What are 3 things Michelle Alexander taught me about how to challenge the US justice system?
Part 1: Investigation Presentation (10 pts) [Submit via the Discussions Tab] • Directions: In 6-8 Slides:
o Present a compelling investigation that interconnects all of the following:
▪ A feminist thinker explored in class (Throughout the entirety of the
course content including the Creative Narrativization Discussion),
▪ And a particular feminist critical discourse explored in class from the syllabus
(Choose from: Feminist Theory; Queer Theory or Quare Studies; Intersectionality and Black Feminist Theory; Politics of Identity; Activism and Feminist Thought; Feminist Futures).
o Presentation Guidelines:
▪ You are required to use and reference at least one class reading in the
development of your project.
▪ Make sure to begin your presentation by sharing the approved central
guiding question from your Final Project Proposal.
▪ Each additional slide is where you organize and explore each working
component of your guiding question:
• Clarification: More specifically throughout the slides you will explore
your chosen feminist thinker + your chosen particular feminist critical discourse in relation to your approved central guiding question from your Final Project Proposal.
o Helpful Hint: Think about how the components above engages, complicates, and/or resolves your approved central guiding question and use that to develop your slides/presentation.
▪ Must attempt to generate a balanced distribution of written information and creative supplementary materials per slide:
o Clarification: Must attempt to be creative by including applicable photos, relevant quotes and pertinent anecdotal details throughout to complement your informative written argumentation grounded in requisite applicable course texts.
▪ Leave your peers intrigued by concluding your presentation with 2-3 short lingering questions.
▪ Must use either PowerPoint, Canva, Prezi, or Google Slides.
▪ Must be between 6-8 slides.
▪ Must be attentive to and use MLA or APA guidelines throughout.
Part 2 paper
Directions: in 3-4 double spaced pages, respond to all the following:
o Start by providing a results section that responds to your approved central guiding question.
▪ Don’t repeat the question itself. Focus on presenting your response.
o Conclude your results section by directly responding to/answering your lingering
questions from your presentation.
o Then move into a thoughtful reflection on your final project development process
and presentation content.
▪ Helpful Questions to Consider:
• What worked best for you in your project development? Explain.
• What was the most interesting part of your project development?
• What was the most difficult aspect of your project development? Explain.
• What is one thing from your project development journey that you will take and use in future projects beyond WST 291? Explain.
• Must be attentive to and use MLA or APA guidelines throughout.