Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
You have met with an expert clinician who works or studies in your chosen area of interest (for example, master’s- or doctoral-prepared nurse, MD, PsyD, PhD, PA). This person might have been a colleague or peer where you are currently employed, a contact at a local hospital or other organization, an author of a research paper you read, or someone you found during an Internet search. You might have met with this person face to face, using Zoom, or over the phone, but your conversation lasted approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
During the interview, you asked the expert what gaps—especially knowledge gaps—exist that could be addressed with evidence-based knowledge or research; and what recommendations they have for you to implement an evidence-based practice project to address these gaps issues (or knowledge gaps).
Other questions you may have asked include:
1. How would you recommend that I explore these practice or knowledge gaps (for example, reading articles in journals, joining organizations)?
2. What tips could you give me for implementing evidence-based practice projects?
After completing your interview, please respond to the following:
• Write a 300- to 400-word summary of what you learned from the interview.
• Write a reflection on how the interview will help guide you as you are thinking about the EBP proposal that you will be working on throughout the course.
• Include at least three scholarly sources, one of which is your Polit & Beck textbook (I recommend Chapters 1 and 18) to support your summary and reflection.